Developer Guidance releases "Building a Windows Phone 7 Application from Start to Finish"
The Developer Guidance team has just released Building a Windows Phone 7 Application from Start to Finish in the MSDN Library. This content is intended to help developers with common challenges by putting the features together in a complete application from whiteboard to marketplace. It includes a running sample, guidance on core concepts for getting started with Windows Phone 7, and callouts for best practices and requirements. We hope it will provide a complimentary experience to the in-depth product documentation and quickstarts.
The guidance focuses on the following development tasks:
– Designing the user interface (UI) and choosing appropriate controls, icons, and graphics.
– Using the application bar and back button, and handling navigation between pages.
– Storing and retrieving data using isolated storage.
– Display data in controls, enabling user edits, and performing validation.
– Handling application deactivation, tombstoning, and reactivation.
– Publishing your application in the Windows Phone Marketplace.