The ultimate cool silverlight pivotviewer control is now available!
- In one of my previous posts I pointed you to very cool Gary Flake’s TED talk about pivot. Now that same coolness is available for web apps.
Microsoft launches Silverlight PivotViewer – a new control that makes it easier to interact with massive amounts of data in ways that are powerful, informative and fun. Developers and designers can use Silverlight PivotViewer to build collections and embed them on their websites. The free download of Silverlight PivotViewer can be found @ http://www.silverlight.net/learn/pivotviewer.
The Silverlight PivotViewer Control gives you the possibility to build really compelling and visually rich data browsing capabilities to your website.
The PivotViewer makes it easier to interact with massive amounts of data on the web in ways that are powerful, informative, and valuable. PivotViewer lets you present thousands of things at once and visualize them in a way that exposes value from the group. PivotViewer experiences range in complexity to build. All involve the creation of a collection. PivotViewer is now available for you to begin building and embedding your collections directly onto your webpage.
Here are some additional resources:
- Silverlight PivotViewer Control Download and technical documentation
- Silverlight PivotViewer Community forum, post your collections and your technical questions here http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/68.aspx.
- Check real life example of a partner that is using the PivotViewer live on their website today
- See the interview of Brian Goldfarb and Brett Brewer from channel 9
This control has been long awaited and now it’s time to do some really awesome apps…